When you get the pregnant, it goes without saying that eating a healthy and balanced diet is the most practical and the best way to get all the important vitamins and minerals that you and your baby need.
But no matter how strictly you follow nutritional guidelines and only eat what’s good for you, there is still a tendency that you will come up short on the essential nutrients.
Your doctor may recommend that you take prenatal vitamins, which can give you the key nutrients that you might be missing in your diet.
Prenatal vitamins are specially formulated multivitamins that are recommended for women who are preparing for childbearing or are already pregnant. These vitamins fill the gaps and make up for any nutritional deficiencies that you may have in your diet during pregnancy.
Prenatal vitamins consist of numerous vitamins and minerals, most especially folic acid, iron, and calcium, which are extremely important during pregnancy and for the baby’s development. Experts also suggest that pregnant and lactating women should also aim for an average daily intake of at 200 milligrams of docosahexaenoic acid or DHA.
Folic acid is very important, as taking it can reduce the risk of having a baby with serious birth defectsin the neural tube, which includes the brain and the spinal cord. This defect develops within the first 28 days after conception.
Since most pregnancies are unplanned and not even detected after a few weeks, it is recommended that women of childbearing age should get at least 400 micrograms of folic acid per day.
Calcium can help prevent bone density loss as your baby uses your calcium supply for bone growth, andiron helps both you and your baby carry oxygen in the blood. Therefore, it is essential to have these two minerals in your prenatal vitamin, along with folic acid and DHA.
One prenatal vitamin worth considering is Nature Made’s Prenatal Multi + DHA. Nature Made has been in the supplement industry for more than 40 years and is committed to its consumers’ health and well-being. It makes sure that it uses scientific research as the starting point of its products and uses only the highest quality products in making its supplements. Many choose Prenatal Multi + DHA because of its great features that are further discussed below.
Features of Nature Made PrenatalMulti + DHA 200 Mg Softgels, Value Size
- It helps meet your nutrient needs before and during pregnancy.
- It provides key vitamins and minerals for daily nutritional support for you and your baby.
- It comes in convenient and easy-to-swallow soft gel capsules.
- It is clinically proven to ensure absorption of key nutrients and provide a full vitamin profile, including all B vitamins and fat soluble vitamins.
- It contains DHA to support fetal brain and eye development.
- It has sufficient amounts of folic acid, which helps reduce the risk of having a baby with neural tube defects.
- It has calcium and vitamin D3 for building and supporting strong bones.
- It has vitamins A, C, D, E, and zinc, which help support healthy eye function and the immune system and provide antioxidant support.
- It also has B vitamins, which support cellular energy production, and magnesium, which supports nerve, muscle, and heart function.
- It does not contain any synthetic dyes, artificial colors and flavors, yeast, or starch and is also gluten-free.
- Each bottle comes with 60 soft gel capsules, but a 90-capsule bottle is also available.
- One soft gel already contains 200 milligrams of the Omega-3 fatty acid DHA, so you only need to take one softgel daily with food, which is great, especially for those who do not like taking many pills on a daily basis.
- It already provides all the key nutrients needed for expectant mothers and growing babies, so there is no need to take other supplements.
- It is made in accordance with strict standards of good manufacturing practices.
- It is made from safe and quality ingredients that were carefully selected from trusted suppliers.
- It has a slight fishy taste and smell because it contains sardines, anchovies, and tuna, which may upset pregnant women and cause nausea.
- It can also be a little difficult to swallow because of its size.
Nature Made Prenatal Multi + DHA is a highly recommended prenatal vitamin because it already has a potent formula that contains the key nutrients needed by pregnant women for a healthy pregnancy. It can also be taken by those who are trying to conceive, as it helps prepare the body for childbearing.
It is a good buy because it ensures the use of safe and quality ingredients, as well as good manufacturing practices.
It is also an advantage that you only have to take one soft gel per day to get your daily requirements of essential nutrients, compared to other vitamins that need to be taken three times a day.
The only drawback is the fishy smell because of the anchovies, sardines, and tuna. However, if you do not mind a little smell and if it will not make you feel nauseated, then this might be the right product for you.