Review of Garden of Life Prenatal Vitamins
Eating a lot of healthy foods can definitely help you get the nutrients that you and your baby need for a healthy pregnancy and development. However, even if you eat a wide variety of foods, getting a sufficient amount of the key nutrients can be challenging.
That is why it is best to take a prenatal vitamin to make sure that you get the right amount of certain crucial nutrients during pregnancy.
Two of the most crucial nutrients that can be found in prenatal vitamins are folic acid and iron because most of the time, you cannot enough from food alone. It is also advisable to take prenatal vitamins as soon as you find out that you are pregnant because folic acid is very important in the early weeks of your pregnancy.
It can also help lessen your morning sickness, and that is something that you might really appreciate.
There are even some women who take prenatal vitamins before pregnancy, because it is believed that the vitamins help increase fertility. They also help prepare a woman’s body for childbearing. Since they do not require a prescription, it is up to you to take the prenatal vitamin of your choice.
One option that you should consider is the Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal by the Garden of Life. This company considers itself food enthusiasts, which is why it begins with real foods when it creates its products.
It goes over what is used in its products and is even more particular about what it does not use as ingredients. For example, it avoids the use of synthetic chemicals, so you can be assured that its products will be safe and healthy for you.
In addition to its passion for the safety of its products, you will also be happy to know that Garden of Life has the following certifications: USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Vegan, Certified Gluten-Free, and more. Many women prefer these prenatal vitamins because of the certifications mentioned above and other features that are further discussed below.
Features of Garden of Life Prenatal Vitamins
- It is a RAW, whole food multivitamin that provides nutritional support for you and your baby.
- “Raw” means the creators did not make use of high heat, fillers,synthetic binders, sweeteners, artificial flavors, additives or colors during the production of the product.
- “Whole food” means the nutrients are blended in a base of 23 fruits and vegetables, as well as other food cofactors. The organic fruits and vegetables blend includes beet, apple, carrot, broccoli, spinach, strawberry, tomato, tart cherry, green bell pepper, blackberry, brussels sprouts, ginger,blueberry, garlic, green onion, parsley, raspberry,red cabbage, cauliflower, kale, celery, cucumber,and asparagus.
- It is precisely formulated to meet the exclusive needs of women before getting pregnant, during pregnancy, and even during lactation.
- It contains 800 micrograms of folate to support healthy neural tube development.
- It contains 18 milligrams of stomach-friendly iron, which plays an important role in supporting blood and reproductive system health.
- It has 14,000 IU of vitamin D3 for maximum dietary calcium absorption.
- It has vitamins A and C and copper to help support skin health.
- It contains ginger to relieve morning sickness and provide digestive comfort.
- It provides probiotic immune support both for you and your baby.
- Each bottle contains 180 vegetarian capsules, which is good for 60 days per the recommended intake of one capsule three times a day.
- It is probably one of the safest prenatal vitamins that you can take, as the company manufacturing it is very passionate about food and natural ingredients.
- It is safe to use before, during, and even after giving birth, as it can still provide support while you are nursing your baby.
- The sources of the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients are 23 different fruits and vegetables.
- For those who do not like swallowing pills, the capsule can be opened, and the contents can be mixed with water or juice for easier intake.
- You have to take one capsule three times a day, which can be troublesome for those who do not like swallowing supplements in pill format.
- Some users say that it has a strong smell.
Perhaps the biggest advantage of Garden of Life’s Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Multivitamin is that it is made RAW and has a whole food, multi-nutrient formula.
It is a comprehensive vitamin formulated to support the needs of women before, during, and after pregnancy, which makes it an excellent choice because it can be used continuously.
Although some say that it is a bit hard to swallow because of its size, it can be easily fixed by opening up the capsule and mixing the contents with water or your favorite juice so that it will not be challenging to drink, especially since it has to be taken three times a day.