Review of Vitafusion Prenatal, Gummy Vitamins, 90 Count
Getting proper nutrition during pregnancy is critical because your baby’s growth depends on your nutritional intake. While you are pregnant, you should be more conscious about the types of food that you eat because your baby also eats what you eat.
You have to make sure that you eat foods that have the key nutrients for a healthy body during pregnancy and a healthy baby as well.
Aside from food, you also need to take prenatal vitamins to be sure that you will have sufficient amounts of vitamins and minerals that you and your baby need.
However, one common concern about prenatal vitamins, as well as other supplements, is size. Many vitamins come in a large pill or capsule form that women find difficult to swallow.
Pregnant women may find it even more challenging as they cannot stand the thought of having to swallow large and nauseating pills in the first place. Plus, they have to do it on a daily basis.
Fortunately, you can still take prenatal vitamins without having to endure swallowing big pills every day. Prenatal vitamins now come in gummy form to make it easier and more fun for you to take them and get all the nutrition that you and your baby need.
One of the most popular brands of gummy prenatal vitamins is Vitafusion, which is known for its gummy supplements, including the Prenatal Gummy Vitamins.
The company has been in the dietary supplement business since 1998 and has revolutionized the industry by making nutrition taste good. Women prefer this brand because of its great features that are listed below.
Features of Vitafusion Prenatal, Gummy Vitamins, 90 Count
- It is a complete multivitamin withessential vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, and D.
- It contains 242 milligrams of vitamin C, which is as much as the vitamin C content of 10 tangerines.
- It is also an excellent source of folic acid, providing as much folic acid as three cups of cooked spinach.
- It is an excellent source of Omega-3 DHA, containing 50 milligrams per serving, which is 31 percent of the 160-milligram daily value.
- It also contains high-quality, purified fish oil, which has been tested for heavy metals such as mercury and lead, as well as PCBs or polychlorinated biphenyls.
- It comes in delicious and natural lemon and raspberry lemonade flavors.
- It is gluten-free and uses natural fruit flavors and colors.
- It supports immune health.
- Each bottle contains 90 gummy vitamins, which is enough supply for 45 days, as the recommended intake is two gummies per day.
- It is a delicious alternative toother prenatal vitamins in pill format that most pregnant women find hard to swallow.
- It helps reduce morning sickness and nausea because of its natural fruity taste.
- It does not leave an unpleasant, bitter aftertaste, which is another great factor for pregnant women with sensitive taste.
- Since it does not contain iron, it is easy on the stomach.
- Vitafusion’s products are made in the USA, regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, and in compliance with good manufacturing practices for dietary supplements.
- They are delicious and soft and are not hard to chew even when placed inside the fridge. Just make sure to chew thoroughly before swallowing.
- It may be a yummy alternative to other pills but may not contain as many nutrients.
- It does not contain iron and calcium, so you need to take additional supplements or find other sources to have sufficient amounts of the two essential nutrients.
- Some find it to be coated with too much sugar.
Gummy prenatal vitamins are becoming increasingly popular among pregnant women, especially for those who cannot bear to take prenatal vitamins in big pill formats. After all, taking one is just like eating your favorite gummy bear, which is yummy, fun, and does not take much effort at all.
However, it should be noted that while they are easier to take and a more delicious alternative, gummy prenatal vitamins may not have all the important nutrients that are usually found in other prenatal vitamins.
For instance, gummy vitamins do not contain iron and calcium because they do not adapt well to the gummy format and tend to ruin the taste or texture and may also cause an upset stomach.
So, if you still opt for gummy prenatal vitamins, just make sure that you find other sources of iron and calcium to have sufficient amounts of these two important minerals during your pregnancy.
Overall, Vitafusion Prenatal Gummy Vitamins area great choice, especially considering their affordability, taste, and how easy they are to take compared to other regular prenatal vitamins.